Wizaplace: finally, the marketplace model
now available to startups and SMBs
September 6th, 2016
Launched in September 2015, Wizaplace, the Saas platform for creating and managing the marketplace, is announcing the introduction of a dozen marketplaces for its customers. A dozen more are currently under construction in the start-up’s workshops in Lyon. The figure confirms it, Wizaplace is well on its way to meeting the challenge it set itself: to democratize the marketplace model.
“Our aim is to provide a complete SaaS infrastructure, which suits both medium and large businesses and start-ups, as well as a sufficiently modular platform so that they can be deployed in very different projects,” explains Eric Alessandri, the founder of Wizaplace.
Among the marketplaces “motorized” by Wizaplace, we can find:
- Kolectiv-Design.com: One of the most attractive BtoC and CtoC marketplaces, dedicated to the signed, designer furniture lovers’ community, selling and reselling vintage and contemporary design pieces
- Okadran.fr, a community platform providing a direct link between meat producers and consumers
- Prestanotaire.com, the first platform for notarial sub-contracting
- Edcom.fr, a marketplace dedicated to mobile phones
- Memory-Forever.com: one of the most unexpected collaborative projects, since it offers gravestone maintenance services… between individuals
- And of course Wizacha.com, with 650 registered e-merchants and 400,000 products for sale, illustrating the robustness of the platform
Wizaplace therefore manages to use BtoC, BtoB, CtoC projects as platforms for collaborative services from the same infrastructure.
“We have sixty native modules, a Lego application that allows us to deal with all types of projects, said Eric Alessandri. In addition, we provide a front office which avoids calling on a third-party platform for this part of the project. And finally, we take no commission on our customer sales, so as not to penalize their margins.”
So many prerequisites legitimize Wizaplace’s ambition: democratize the marketplace model and diffuse it as widely as possible to start-up as small, medium and large accounts.
“We have signed up many other more ambitious projects, taking longer to produce, which our customers will reveal the end of 2016,” said Eric Alessandri.
Wizaplace intends to sign around twenty marketplaces over its first year and hopes to triple the figure next year.
The company has a dozen employees. It was created and is run by Eric and Cecile Alessandri. Sylvain Ramousse, co-founder of AppGratis, is the product director. Alain Laidet, founder of the E-Commerce Paris exhibition, intervenes as Wizaplace investor and associate director.
Wizaplace will be present at the trade fair from the 12th to the 14th of September.
You can find us at the stand G 050, Hall 2.1 (just behind the Magento stand).
Sign up now for the Wizaplace conference which will take place on Tuesday the 13th of September at 10.00 in room 2, hall 2.1 at the Paris E-Commerce fair. Eric Alessandri, founder of Wizaplace will speak on the theme: “Starting production of a marketplace implies respecting five key points” with Roger Mechri founder of Okadran.
Vous souhaitez contacter notre service presse
ou recevoir nos communiqués dès leur publication ?